For Spring-Summer 2014, British heritage and lifestyle brand Barbour is celebrating its new collaboration with Pantone®, the world-renowned authority on color.
The PANTONE Barbour collection features Barbour’s iconic quilts in a wide choice of colors from traditional olive through to brighter reds, ocean (turquoise), pinks and blues. Each carries a distinctive PANTONE Barbour top stud featuring the color of the quilt alongside the brands logos and a contrast color collar.
The Spring 2014 launch included an online campaign that featured four bloggers’ interpretations of the colors of the countryside. As part of the project, bloggers Carin from Paris in Four Months, Cat from Take Courage, Steve Booker and Adam and Niran from Yin and Yang all style pieces from the PANTONE Barbour collection, which includes Barbour’s iconic quilted jackets, smart 3 button polo shirts, lightweight summer chinos and wellington boots, all in a range of summer country colors from berry reds to cricket pitch greens.
As part of the online launch, a special film was created that celebrates ‘releasing the color’ from the normally toned-down color palette of Barbour. The PANTONE Barbour mini site featured a competition that invited Barbour fans to share their own pictures for the chance to win a stay at the PANTONE Hotel in Brussels and pieces from the PANTONE Barbour collection.
Pantone LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of X-Rite, Incorporated, is the world’s color authority, providing design professionals with products and services for the colorful exploration and expression of creativity. Always a source for color inspiration, Pantone also offers paint and designer-inspired products and services for consumers. More information is available at www.pantone.com. For the latest news, trends, information and conversations, connect with Pantone on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
J Barbour & Sons Ltd was founded in 1894 and has always been based in South Shields in the North East of England. Barbour is a 5th generation, British family owned business. A leading lifestyle brand, Barbour manufactures and retails wax jackets, waterproof breathable jackets, wools, quilts, shirts, knitwear, trousers and accessories in over 40 countries worldwide. Barbour’s customer service is unique – wax jackets can be returned at any time for rewaxing, repairs or alteration.
- 09/24 Bringing Fashion to the People: Le Suite Boutique
- 09/18 Nuprimary: New York City Textile Studio Wins Pantone’s Make it Brilliant℠ Instagram Contest
- 08/25 Fashion Illustrator Marina Gomes Speaks about Winning Pantone’s Make it Brilliant℠ Instagram Contest
- 07/16 Barbour and Pantone Collaborate to Bring Color to the Countryside
- 02/28 The Bad Boy of Fashion Invades Brooklyn
- 10/07 The Pantone Color Institute Helps ‘HeForShe’ Select PANTONE 18-1945 Bright Rose as the Perfect Color for Their New Campaign
- 04/29 BK’s Finest
- 01/22 Triumph: 20 Years of The Wu-Tang Clan
- 11/15 Daytripping with Jason Woodside
- 10/11 “Soiled” – Punk Rock, Archaeology, and the Munsell Soil Color Book