Pantone’s choice for synthetic paper is bright white – and green.
At Pantone we use YUPO® synthetic paper to create the sleeves and display envelopes for our FASHION + HOME Cotton products. We like the durability of the material and its bright white color doesn’t interfere with the viewing of our color swatches.
We also feel good about using YUPO because it’s 100% tree free and conserves forests, water and natural resources. No ozone-threatening emissions result from its manufacturing processes and the material is 100% recyclable. As a company,YUPO is recognized for excellence in handling and discharge of wastewater; it uses proper recycling and generates no sulfur, chlorine, nitrogen or dioxin gases. Internal processes are reviewed at every level of the company to maximize environmental stewardship. YUPO products stay out of the waste stream longer and uses very little water in the creation. The trim created during the YUPO manufacturing process is recycled and reintroduced in the production of other YUPO products. YUPO is also free of toxins and heavy metals and contains no softening agents.
YUPO has been green for 40 years, since its inception and before green was anything more than a color. They are a natural partner for Pantone, where green is both a color and a responsible way of doing business.
- 08/25 Fashion Illustrator Marina Gomes Speaks about Winning Pantone’s Make it Brilliant℠ Instagram Contest
- 07/16 Barbour and Pantone Collaborate to Bring Color to the Countryside
- 02/28 The Bad Boy of Fashion Invades Brooklyn
- 02/19 Pantone Colorwear Pop-Up Opens in NYC
- 02/15 PANTONE Fashion Color Report Fall 2014: In The News