One of the snowiest winters in New York’s collective memory was punctuated last week by dazzling splashes of color, as a PANTONE COLORWEAR pop-up shop sprouted in Manhattan’s trendy Meatpacking district.
To showcase the new line of Pantone-inspired menswear, Colorwear created a pop-up shop in Scoop NYC’s Washington Street location. The elegant collection includes contemporary styled tees, tanks, pants, shorts, sweaters, polo shirts, hoodies, jackets, cardigans, accessories, swimwear – all in Pantone colors. The shop’s opening was timed to coincide with New York Fashion Week, guaranteeing the line’s North American debut special notice.
“Having been such a defining guide and inspiration in color for decades, this exciting new apparel line makes so much sense for Pantone to extend their color leadership into the fashion industry,” says Deepak Gayadin of Pantone Colorwear’s US arm, Empire & Branch. “We’re very excited to be launching Pantone Colorwear here in North America, and proud to be doing so here in New York City.”
Colorwear celebrated the shop’s opening with a gala event that spilled out into the brisk wintry night and ended with a fantastic ice-skating party at the Standard Hotel, which had been artfully lit in shades of Radiant Orchid, Pantone’s 2014 Color of the Year.
873 Washington Street
New York, NY 10014
Anika Karpin and Riccardo Giraudi of Pantone Colorwear, and Daniela Maerky of The Standard Hotel
- 09/24 Bringing Fashion to the People: Le Suite Boutique
- 09/18 Nuprimary: New York City Textile Studio Wins Pantone’s Make it Brilliant℠ Instagram Contest
- 08/25 Fashion Illustrator Marina Gomes Speaks about Winning Pantone’s Make it Brilliant℠ Instagram Contest
- 07/16 Barbour and Pantone Collaborate to Bring Color to the Countryside
- 02/28 The Bad Boy of Fashion Invades Brooklyn