The Color of the Year for 2014 is PANTONE 18-3224 Radiant Orchid, a captivating, magical, enigmatic purple.
Below is a selection of some of the more colorful news items You can also visit the official PANTONE Radiant Orchid site here.
“Jane Monnington Boddy, senior director of forecast at Stylesight, says [Radiant Orchid] is already popular on runways and will only continue to heat things up in the fashion world.
“ ‘It’s the softness of this tone which flatters, and makes it an easier, more complimentary, bright hue to wear,’ explains Boddy. ‘With bolder brights having been on trend for spring/summer 2013, this fresh tone can handle both romantic, feminine looks, as well as modern, more edgy shapes.’ ”
Read more: Health
“ could be the year of the blackberry… Firmenich, which supplies flavors to food and beverage companies, has named the ‘subtly sophisticated, bite-sized beauty’ its flavor of the year for 2014, citing the blackberry’s abundance of antioxidants as well as its “delicate nuances” and ability to “surprise the palate with every bite.’
“Pantone’s [Color of the Year] pick for 2014? Radiant Orchid, whose ‘captivating, magical, enigmatic purple’ is not far off from blackberry’s hue.
“Food and beverage marketers have already begun lining store shelves with plenty of blackberry-inspired products.”
Read more: Advertising Age
“If you’re on top of the latest trends in fashion and design, then you likely know that Radiant Orchid is Pantone’s 2014 Color of the Year. Gardeners pull inspiration from a number of sources, so why not use the global authority on color to help you choose a new addition to your landscape’s color palette?
“Purple has long been a favorite hue in the garden for its ability to bring calm and anchor a color scheme. This brilliant color is dynamic and can add excitement to even the shadiest of gardens.”
Read more: Houzz
“I’m sure you’ve heard by now that Pantone selected PANTONE 18-3224 Radiant Orchid as its new color of the year, and while we’re loving it, we wanted to check out Sherwin-Williams’ pick for their 2014 Color of the Year. Their selection, SW 6263 Exclusive Plum, is a sophisticated purple that leans heavily towards the gray side of the spectrum and we’re loving it paired with Pantone’s choice, so we decided to round up six home furnishings in each hue.”
Read more: Design Milk
- 01/12 Theo Chocolate Creates Limited Edition Bar to Commemorate the Pantone Color of the Year 2015 Marsala
- 05/11 23 Years of Color, Love and Pantone: A Mother’s Day Tribute
- 03/24 Artist Edition Covers Now on PANTONE PLUS Products
- 03/18 Updating a classic: Pantone Reboots PLUS SERIES
- 03/07 Pantone Launches “Make It Brilliant”
- 12/17 PANTONE UNIVERSE Colorwear Debuts Color of the Year 2015 Marsala Collection at Art Basel Miami
- 11/05 Pantone’s Fashion Color Report Fall 2014 Bears Fruit at Retail
- 09/24 Bringing Fashion to the People: Le Suite Boutique
- 09/18 Nuprimary: New York City Textile Studio Wins Pantone’s Make it Brilliant℠ Instagram Contest
- 08/25 Fashion Illustrator Marina Gomes Speaks about Winning Pantone’s Make it Brilliant℠ Instagram Contest
- 10/07 The Pantone Color Institute Helps ‘HeForShe’ Select PANTONE 18-1945 Bright Rose as the Perfect Color for Their New Campaign
- 04/29 BK’s Finest
- 01/22 Triumph: 20 Years of The Wu-Tang Clan
- 11/15 Daytripping with Jason Woodside
- 10/11 “Soiled” – Punk Rock, Archaeology, and the Munsell Soil Color Book