Note: This color trend article was originally published on PANTONEVIEW.com, Pantone’s new online color trend service, delivering critical color intelligence to creative professionals across all areas of design. For more information or a free 30-day trial go to www.pantoneview.com.
CONCEPT + INFORMATION: BEAUTYSTREAMS
A/W 13/14 is a season of faith. In a positive resurgence, people are seeking a sense of belief and grounding in their own individual way. Our Humble story conveys the quiet power of nature, with a deep-rooted sense of heritage and connection to the land. Purity looks to science, putting trust in a future built on research and technology. Opulence embraces the splendor of dreams in an anachronistic juxtaposition of thoughts and emotions.
Colors emphasize the importance of tonal statements as purples, greens, and pinks lead the way in a sophisticated treatment of tone-on-tone pairings.
Inspired by the lush landscapes of Vietnam, Humble explores an organic, textural approach to minimalism – from the glistening, terraced rice fields and misty jade waters of Halong Bay to the languid curves of a fisherman’s moist nets. Elegance appears in everyday, natural materials like rattan, bamboo, and banana leaves. Humble brings us closer to nature, conveying how discreet refinement translates into pure luxury.
- 11/05 Pantone’s Fashion Color Report Fall 2014 Bears Fruit at Retail
- 09/24 Bringing Fashion to the People: Le Suite Boutique
- 09/18 Nuprimary: New York City Textile Studio Wins Pantone’s Make it Brilliant℠ Instagram Contest
- 08/25 Fashion Illustrator Marina Gomes Speaks about Winning Pantone’s Make it Brilliant℠ Instagram Contest
- 07/16 Barbour and Pantone Collaborate to Bring Color to the Countryside
- 10/07 The Pantone Color Institute Helps ‘HeForShe’ Select PANTONE 18-1945 Bright Rose as the Perfect Color for Their New Campaign
- 04/29 BK’s Finest
- 01/22 Triumph: 20 Years of The Wu-Tang Clan
- 11/15 Daytripping with Jason Woodside
- 10/11 “Soiled” – Punk Rock, Archaeology, and the Munsell Soil Color Book