Note: This article was excerpted from PANTONEVIEW.com, Pantone’s new online color trend service, delivering critical color intelligence to creative professionals across all areas of design. For more information or a free 30-day trial go to www.pantoneview.com.
CONCEPT + INFORMATION: OLIVIER GUILLEMIN
Paris has pink on the brain in 2013… but not just any pink. The new pinks are special: glamorous, feminine or masculine, natural or artificial, mouth-watering, lip-smacking and fun, insolent, urban and futuristic.
Pink has been in the air for several seasons, but it has suddenly leapt from being anecdotal and stereotypical, with soppy or kitsch overtones, to its new status as a special, alternative color.
Bold pink is perfect for Paris, that heart-squeezing, pleasure-seeking den of temptation. Pinks of all kinds influence the Paris creative scene and can be seen in the streets and parks and sidewalk cafés, on Wallace fountains, on skeletons by street artist Giaco, on bikes and taxis, at sporting events, in street shows – and even on the new postage stamps designed by Hermès!
For more of this article – and much more color trend info for every creative discipline – please visit PANTONEVIEW.com and sign up for a free 30-day trial!
- 12/17 PANTONE UNIVERSE Colorwear Debuts Color of the Year 2015 Marsala Collection at Art Basel Miami
- 11/05 Pantone’s Fashion Color Report Fall 2014 Bears Fruit at Retail
- 09/24 Bringing Fashion to the People: Le Suite Boutique
- 09/18 Nuprimary: New York City Textile Studio Wins Pantone’s Make it Brilliant℠ Instagram Contest
- 08/25 Fashion Illustrator Marina Gomes Speaks about Winning Pantone’s Make it Brilliant℠ Instagram Contest
- 10/07 The Pantone Color Institute Helps ‘HeForShe’ Select PANTONE 18-1945 Bright Rose as the Perfect Color for Their New Campaign
- 04/29 BK’s Finest
- 01/22 Triumph: 20 Years of The Wu-Tang Clan
- 11/15 Daytripping with Jason Woodside
- 10/11 “Soiled” – Punk Rock, Archaeology, and the Munsell Soil Color Book