Note: This article was republished from PANTONEVIEW.com, Pantone’s new online color trend service, delivering critical color intelligence to creative professionals across all areas of design. For more information or a free 30-day trial go to www.pantoneview.com.
CONCEPT + INFORMATION: 2SOM STUDIO
Blue on Blue
This is a sporty story of spatial and space-age blues, where we can create a technical futuristic feeling that maintains a street edge. We can layer one shade on top of another tonal shade of blue, creating a bold indigo attitude. Our palette of blues transcends from dark royal blue through to electric mid-blue tones and we mix matte and shine to add surface depth.
We take influence from natural iridescence and oil slick surfaces. Where everyday products are elevated through future-tech-looking sheen and shine surface to create an attention-grabbing aesthetic of technical changeant effects. Metallic turquoise and jade add diversity and visual depth to our palette of true blue hues.
Another way to achieve visual depth and shine is through glitter-effect surfaces. Although this is nothing particularly new or all that technical, it’s a great way of injecting a fresh and glamorous vibe into the mix. Dazzling bright blue paired with turquoise and jade underpins a youthful street look.
Finally, we take inspiration from a selection of innovative product developments we have come across recently. From illuminated hoodies, cap logos and electrically charged bike wheels, to glow-in-the-dark iPhone cases and twinkling concrete effects, the inspiration may be diverse, but the palette is unified. Pale and luminescent blues and green/blues starkly highlight the darkest blue/black base tone.
Note: This article was republished from PANTONEVIEW.com, Pantone’s new online color trend service, delivering critical color intelligence to creative professionals across all areas of design. For a free 30-day trial go to www.pantoneview.com. For more information click here.
- 09/24 Bringing Fashion to the People: Le Suite Boutique
- 09/18 Nuprimary: New York City Textile Studio Wins Pantone’s Make it Brilliant℠ Instagram Contest
- 08/25 Fashion Illustrator Marina Gomes Speaks about Winning Pantone’s Make it Brilliant℠ Instagram Contest
- 07/16 Barbour and Pantone Collaborate to Bring Color to the Countryside
- 02/28 The Bad Boy of Fashion Invades Brooklyn
- 10/07 The Pantone Color Institute Helps ‘HeForShe’ Select PANTONE 18-1945 Bright Rose as the Perfect Color for Their New Campaign
- 04/29 BK’s Finest
- 01/22 Triumph: 20 Years of The Wu-Tang Clan
- 11/15 Daytripping with Jason Woodside
- 10/11 “Soiled” – Punk Rock, Archaeology, and the Munsell Soil Color Book