Note: This article was republished from PANTONEVIEW.com, Pantone’s new online color trend service, delivering critical color intelligence to creative professionals across all areas of design. For more information or a free 30-day trial go to www.pantoneview.com.
Even though this final story also has a strong religious streak, it is the complete opposite of the first theme. Rather than looking for peace and simplicity, it is about the mythical, ritualistic and ostentatious aspect of religion, especially of Catholicism.
The need for this comes from various angles. First of all, you could call this a new kind of escapism, creating a nostalgic dream world of kings, queens, super heroes and gods. This is reflected in the strong surreal element of this story. You could also say it stems from the re-appreciation of crafts, which is a logical answer to all the mass-made or 3D printed products we see now. Furthermore, using these laborious and therefore expensive crafts is a way for luxury brands to stand out in the market. Countries like China and Russia are now the major markets for luxury brands and these audiences appreciate highly decorated products.
Yet there is also an opposite angle involved, of those opposing and mocking the extreme luxury of the Church, royalty and nouveau riche.
Either way, for both men’s and women’s footwear, this story means a strong emphasis on decoration, using jewellery, studs, embroidery, lasering, emblems etc. Heels are taken to new heights, with big platforms, just to create more room for embellishment. Colors are very rich, like deep red, cobalt blue and orange, with a multitude of metallics.
A strong emphasis on decoration, using jewellery, studs, embroidery, lasering, emblems which means colors are very rich, like deep red, cobalt blue and orange, with a multitude of metallics.
- 01/12 Theo Chocolate Creates Limited Edition Bar to Commemorate the Pantone Color of the Year 2015 Marsala
- 05/11 23 Years of Color, Love and Pantone: A Mother’s Day Tribute
- 03/24 Artist Edition Covers Now on PANTONE PLUS Products
- 03/18 Updating a classic: Pantone Reboots PLUS SERIES
- 03/07 Pantone Launches “Make It Brilliant”
- 02/23 D-One Apparel Brings Inspirational Clothing to the Hip Hop Generation
- 12/17 PANTONE UNIVERSE Colorwear Debuts Color of the Year 2015 Marsala Collection at Art Basel Miami
- 11/05 Pantone’s Fashion Color Report Fall 2014 Bears Fruit at Retail
- 09/24 Bringing Fashion to the People: Le Suite Boutique
- 09/18 Nuprimary: New York City Textile Studio Wins Pantone’s Make it Brilliant℠ Instagram Contest
- 10/07 The Pantone Color Institute Helps ‘HeForShe’ Select PANTONE 18-1945 Bright Rose as the Perfect Color for Their New Campaign
- 04/29 BK’s Finest
- 01/22 Triumph: 20 Years of The Wu-Tang Clan
- 11/15 Daytripping with Jason Woodside
- 10/11 “Soiled” – Punk Rock, Archaeology, and the Munsell Soil Color Book