Note: This article was republished from PANTONEVIEW.com, Pantone’s new online color trend service, delivering critical color intelligence to creative professionals across all areas of design. For more information or a free 30-day trial go to www.pantoneview.com.
Louis Vuitton: Nomade Color
The elegance of travellers can be observed both in their wardrobes and in the objects that express their attitude – an art de vivre which, in the case of the Louis Vuitton Maison, is seen in the colors of the iconic Nomade leather and in the dominant shades of positive, pure yellow perfectly matched with beiges and browns, ecru and whites, reminiscent of the deserts and lands of faraway countries. Neutral tones enriched with color and contemporary effects in combinations of light/dark blues and grays -these are the shades that fully express the identity and innovation of LV.
Armani / Casa: Retrouvés Style
The Armani / Casa Collection taps into the beauty of objets retrouvés, expressing a taste for handcrafted details and eco-friendly materials. Finishes in banana fibre and Tamo Japanese ash, the grain of which appears to reproduce the movements of sand in gardens of stone, emphasize the lacquered colors in warm shades with orange undertones. Light gold finishes complete the warm oriental beiges, matching perfectly with shades of azure gray and sophisticated blues – the pure expression of a refined, eastern-looking taste in full Armani style.
Marni: Multicoloured Cheer
Marni presents the 100 Chairs project, a collection of chairs and chaise longues made entirely by hand, characterized by unique designs and deep colors. A collection dominated by backgrounds and color combinations in bright shades and multicolored PVC, complete with intriguing ABI-TANTI (inhabitants), a multitude of colorful little robots made from recycled materials, or accessories and colors from the latest fashion shows.
Versace home: Black Punk-Glam
Versace Home presents a special design project developed in collaboration with the Haas Brothers. It’s pure provocation, playing with the sensuality of fashion and design to create a project full of glamour and rock’n’roll. Brass honeycomb structures with iridescent and reflective effects covered in black leather are worked entirely by hand, paying tribute to the high craftsmanship of Versace design. A boudoir game made of passionate animalier reds and yellows evokes ferocious wild animals, matched with punk-oriented black.
Hermès: Natural Graphic Expressions
The new collection of furnishing fabrics and wallpapers by Hermès draws its inspiration from horse riding, nature and the world of sailing. The traditional designs of the French fashion house evoke a journey, proposing warm, natural tones such as ochre, clay and rust, exotic shades of green and deep Atlantic blues – colors that emphasize the basic, sober and discreet elegance of the beiges and natural leathers of the collection of furniture and furnishings.
- 03/16 Modern Tools for the Modern Designer: Pantone Launches New Artist Covers
- 01/12 Theo Chocolate Creates Limited Edition Bar to Commemorate the Pantone Color of the Year 2015 Marsala
- 05/11 23 Years of Color, Love and Pantone: A Mother’s Day Tribute
- 03/24 Artist Edition Covers Now on PANTONE PLUS Products
- 03/18 Updating a classic: Pantone Reboots PLUS SERIES
- 02/23 D-One Apparel Brings Inspirational Clothing to the Hip Hop Generation
- 12/17 PANTONE UNIVERSE Colorwear Debuts Color of the Year 2015 Marsala Collection at Art Basel Miami
- 11/05 Pantone’s Fashion Color Report Fall 2014 Bears Fruit at Retail
- 09/24 Bringing Fashion to the People: Le Suite Boutique
- 09/18 Nuprimary: New York City Textile Studio Wins Pantone’s Make it Brilliant℠ Instagram Contest
- 10/07 The Pantone Color Institute Helps ‘HeForShe’ Select PANTONE 18-1945 Bright Rose as the Perfect Color for Their New Campaign
- 04/29 BK’s Finest
- 01/22 Triumph: 20 Years of The Wu-Tang Clan
- 11/15 Daytripping with Jason Woodside
- 10/11 “Soiled” – Punk Rock, Archaeology, and the Munsell Soil Color Book