Note: This article was republished from PANTONEVIEW.com, Pantone’s new online color trend service, delivering critical color intelligence to creative professionals across all areas of design. For a free 30-day trial go to www.pantoneview.com. For more information click here.
“Spring/Summer 2013 is a season of optimism and unrestrained energy…full of surprising contrasts.”
CONCEPT + INFORMATION: BEAUTYSTREAMS
Spring/Summer 2013 is a season of optimism and unrestrained energy, taking us away from our mobile devices to confront our present world, where life is not meticulously programmed and controlled, but full of surprising contrasts. The concept of duality weaves throughout with elements in constant opposition. Somehow within that push and pull, we find an intriguing human element.
Source draws on the eternal energy of the desert. An expanse of warm, sand tones stretches languidly under a temperamental sky. Earthy orange hues radiate through cloudy grey and misty purple. In the quiet before the storm, a powerful electricity permeates the air, stimulating everything in the atmosphere.
We feel the natural energy of minerals glowing from deep beneath the sand. Textures are rough and grainy with a subtle blend of matte aspects with weathered metallic sheen. A sense of timelessness pervades, blurring the ancient with the contemporary. Amid the serene landscape, there is a nervous anticipation, as we await the soulful beauty of the storm.
- 11/05 Pantone’s Fashion Color Report Fall 2014 Bears Fruit at Retail
- 09/24 Bringing Fashion to the People: Le Suite Boutique
- 09/18 Nuprimary: New York City Textile Studio Wins Pantone’s Make it Brilliant℠ Instagram Contest
- 08/25 Fashion Illustrator Marina Gomes Speaks about Winning Pantone’s Make it Brilliant℠ Instagram Contest
- 07/16 Barbour and Pantone Collaborate to Bring Color to the Countryside
- 10/07 The Pantone Color Institute Helps ‘HeForShe’ Select PANTONE 18-1945 Bright Rose as the Perfect Color for Their New Campaign
- 04/29 BK’s Finest
- 01/22 Triumph: 20 Years of The Wu-Tang Clan
- 11/15 Daytripping with Jason Woodside
- 10/11 “Soiled” – Punk Rock, Archaeology, and the Munsell Soil Color Book