Social gaming looks to be fashion’s next frontier in the digital space for companies who have already expanded their web presence with editorial content, mobile presence and social commerce. Partnering with DKNY, Fashion Week Live is an interactive social experience designed to engage the fashion industry online.
Living exclusively on Facebook, players are challenged to create a career within any facet of the fashion world, from show production and photography to styling look books, runway shows or ad campaigns. Users are encouraged to tap into talents within site parameters as well as network with other players and rise to fame with each challenge. Starting with generic options, as a player progresses up the ranks, a boutique with virtual products and designs will be at their disposal to help them advance in the game.
Shoe company Aldo has entered the mix here too. On their site, Shoe Paradise, players are given 16 pairs of shoes, broken down into four levels with the goal to try on as many pairs as possible within three minutes. If players run out of time, they can gain a bonus three minutes by sharing the game on Facebook, Twitter or Tumbler. Upon completion of the four levels, players are asked to enter their information for a chance to win an actual three-minute in-store shopping spree.
And then there is Fashion Hazard, a game in which high-fashion models dodge obstacles – and each other – as they prance down the catwalk. Blending feminine passion with high-octane action, each model is given a storyline and as the competition gets tougher, we see models tripping one another and flying coffee lattes splattering on the screen. With social gamers estimated to hit 74 million in 2013 and 53% of this population predicted to be female, it is no wonder that many companies are stepping up their game.
- 03/16 Modern Tools for the Modern Designer: Pantone Launches New Artist Covers
- 01/12 Theo Chocolate Creates Limited Edition Bar to Commemorate the Pantone Color of the Year 2015 Marsala
- 05/11 23 Years of Color, Love and Pantone: A Mother’s Day Tribute
- 03/24 Artist Edition Covers Now on PANTONE PLUS Products
- 03/18 Updating a classic: Pantone Reboots PLUS SERIES
- 02/23 D-One Apparel Brings Inspirational Clothing to the Hip Hop Generation
- 12/17 PANTONE UNIVERSE Colorwear Debuts Color of the Year 2015 Marsala Collection at Art Basel Miami
- 11/05 Pantone’s Fashion Color Report Fall 2014 Bears Fruit at Retail
- 09/24 Bringing Fashion to the People: Le Suite Boutique
- 09/18 Nuprimary: New York City Textile Studio Wins Pantone’s Make it Brilliant℠ Instagram Contest
- 10/07 The Pantone Color Institute Helps ‘HeForShe’ Select PANTONE 18-1945 Bright Rose as the Perfect Color for Their New Campaign
- 04/29 BK’s Finest
- 01/22 Triumph: 20 Years of The Wu-Tang Clan
- 11/15 Daytripping with Jason Woodside
- 10/11 “Soiled” – Punk Rock, Archaeology, and the Munsell Soil Color Book