New York Fashion Week officially kicked off Thursday and Pantone was on hand last night at Lincoln Center for the 5th annual Supima Design Competition Runway Show.
The Supima Design Competition was created in 2008 to give runway exposure to emerging talent. It is modeled after the legendary 1954 Wool Secretariat competition that launched the careers of the then-teenaged Yves St. Laurent and Karl Lagerfeld.
For this competition, four of America’s top design schools (FIT, Pratt, RISD and SCAD) each are asked to select two finalists from among their graduating seniors. Each finalist creates a capsule collection of women’s eveningwear gowns from premium Supima denims, knits, corduroys, twills, and shirting.
The crowd in attendance, too, was styling…
- 12/17 PANTONE UNIVERSE Colorwear Debuts Color of the Year 2015 Marsala Collection at Art Basel Miami
- 11/05 Pantone’s Fashion Color Report Fall 2014 Bears Fruit at Retail
- 09/24 Bringing Fashion to the People: Le Suite Boutique
- 09/18 Nuprimary: New York City Textile Studio Wins Pantone’s Make it Brilliant℠ Instagram Contest
- 08/25 Fashion Illustrator Marina Gomes Speaks about Winning Pantone’s Make it Brilliant℠ Instagram Contest
- 10/07 The Pantone Color Institute Helps ‘HeForShe’ Select PANTONE 18-1945 Bright Rose as the Perfect Color for Their New Campaign
- 04/29 BK’s Finest
- 01/22 Triumph: 20 Years of The Wu-Tang Clan
- 11/15 Daytripping with Jason Woodside
- 10/11 “Soiled” – Punk Rock, Archaeology, and the Munsell Soil Color Book