Jude Stewart’s intriguing and well-researched article in IMPRINT, entitled “The Wonderful Color Wheel Part 1 and Part 2”, makes for a delightful read. She traces the development of the color wheel and other color organizational systems over the past 200 years. Be sure to check out the piece.
The images that illustrate her chronicle are wonderful representations of the thinking and the technology of their times, illustrating an intertwining of art and science, of inspiration and mathematics. Here is a gallery… (note: these are not in chronological order).
- 09/18 Nuprimary: New York City Textile Studio Wins Pantone’s Make it Brilliant℠ Instagram Contest
- 08/25 Fashion Illustrator Marina Gomes Speaks about Winning Pantone’s Make it Brilliant℠ Instagram Contest
- 07/16 Barbour and Pantone Collaborate to Bring Color to the Countryside
- 02/28 The Bad Boy of Fashion Invades Brooklyn
- 02/19 Pantone Colorwear Pop-Up Opens in NYC