They say it takes two to tango, so it seems fitting that color leader Pantone and makeup monarch Sephora have joined up to produce and purvey a line of cosmetics that will soon be appearing in Sephora stores worldwide. The lead-off makeup collection? A special palette of lush red-oranges inspired by Pantone’s 2012 Color of the Year, TANGERINE TANGO.
Like a Day Lily popping up through a garden wall, a bright orange Sephora Pop-Up Store sprouted up last week in the grey cobblestone streets of NYC’s ultra fashionable Meatpacking District (Chelsea West). Cleverly designed to resemble a giant color Fan Guide – a Pantone icon – the store offered a first look at PANTONE Nail Polish, Lip Gloss, Eye Shadow, Blush and more.
How did Pantone and Sephora come to collaborate on a new line of Tangerine Tango-inspired cosmetics? This video shows how the new colors came to be – and how to use them to create an exciting and dramatic personal style.
The Chelsea Pop-Up will be open only through March 30th, so if you fancy a glance, get over there this week.
Left Coasters, you’ll be getting your chance: Sephora is planning a Pop Up Shop in Los Angeles – from April 18th through the 22nd in The Grove, 189 Grove Drive, to be open every day from noon til 9:00 pm.
Pantone-Sephora event announcements can be found on the Pantone Facebook page, and you can join this cosmetics conversation on Twitter: #sephorapantone
- 09/24 Bringing Fashion to the People: Le Suite Boutique
- 09/18 Nuprimary: New York City Textile Studio Wins Pantone’s Make it Brilliant℠ Instagram Contest
- 08/25 Fashion Illustrator Marina Gomes Speaks about Winning Pantone’s Make it Brilliant℠ Instagram Contest
- 07/16 Barbour and Pantone Collaborate to Bring Color to the Countryside
- 02/28 The Bad Boy of Fashion Invades Brooklyn