Love London based Dezeen blog and just picked up their new Dezeen Book of Ideas, which highlighted 116 of their most popular features from around the world. One of my favorites was Rotterdam designer Diederik Schneemann and the objects he has created with used flip-flops that have washed up on the shores of Eastern Africa. Called “A Flip-Flop Story”, the project involved working with UniquEco, a company that salvages discarded flip-flops and sands them back to reveal their original bright colors before melting down into new material and then sculpting into beautiful works of art.
- 09/24 Bringing Fashion to the People: Le Suite Boutique
- 09/18 Nuprimary: New York City Textile Studio Wins Pantone’s Make it Brilliant℠ Instagram Contest
- 08/25 Fashion Illustrator Marina Gomes Speaks about Winning Pantone’s Make it Brilliant℠ Instagram Contest
- 07/16 Barbour and Pantone Collaborate to Bring Color to the Countryside
- 02/28 The Bad Boy of Fashion Invades Brooklyn