Created as a thesis project by Jonas Pfeil when he was a computer engineering student at the Technical University of Berlin, the Throwable Panoramic Ball Camera contains 36 synchronized 2 mega-pixel mobile phone cameras wrapped in colorful padding.
When tossed aloft, it creates a seamless 360° digital image. Not just a 360° horizontal pan – in EVERY direction – top to bottom, left to right, diagonally… 3D 360°.
As of this writing, The Throwable Panoramic Ball Camera hasn’t been picked up for production. Tch. What a shame. This is one ball that shouldn’t be dropped.
photos courtesy Jonas Pfeil
- 01/12 Theo Chocolate Creates Limited Edition Bar to Commemorate the Pantone Color of the Year 2015 Marsala
- 05/11 23 Years of Color, Love and Pantone: A Mother’s Day Tribute
- 03/24 Artist Edition Covers Now on PANTONE PLUS Products
- 03/18 Updating a classic: Pantone Reboots PLUS SERIES
- 03/07 Pantone Launches “Make It Brilliant”
- 02/23 D-One Apparel Brings Inspirational Clothing to the Hip Hop Generation
- 12/17 PANTONE UNIVERSE Colorwear Debuts Color of the Year 2015 Marsala Collection at Art Basel Miami
- 11/05 Pantone’s Fashion Color Report Fall 2014 Bears Fruit at Retail
- 09/24 Bringing Fashion to the People: Le Suite Boutique
- 09/18 Nuprimary: New York City Textile Studio Wins Pantone’s Make it Brilliant℠ Instagram Contest
- 10/07 The Pantone Color Institute Helps ‘HeForShe’ Select PANTONE 18-1945 Bright Rose as the Perfect Color for Their New Campaign
- 04/29 BK’s Finest
- 01/22 Triumph: 20 Years of The Wu-Tang Clan
- 11/15 Daytripping with Jason Woodside
- 10/11 “Soiled” – Punk Rock, Archaeology, and the Munsell Soil Color Book