Created as a thesis project by Jonas Pfeil when he was a computer engineering student at the Technical University of Berlin, the Throwable Panoramic Ball Camera contains 36 synchronized 2 mega-pixel mobile phone cameras wrapped in colorful padding.
When tossed aloft, it creates a seamless 360° digital image. Not just a 360° horizontal pan – in EVERY direction – top to bottom, left to right, diagonally… 3D 360°.
As of this writing, The Throwable Panoramic Ball Camera hasn’t been picked up for production. Tch. What a shame. This is one ball that shouldn’t be dropped.
photos courtesy Jonas Pfeil
- 08/25 Fashion Illustrator Marina Gomes Speaks about Winning Pantone’s Make it Brilliant℠ Instagram Contest
- 07/16 Barbour and Pantone Collaborate to Bring Color to the Countryside
- 02/28 The Bad Boy of Fashion Invades Brooklyn
- 02/19 Pantone Colorwear Pop-Up Opens in NYC
- 02/15 PANTONE Fashion Color Report Fall 2014: In The News