As we learn in Viewpoint, edited by David Shah, over this past decade the gourmet trend has pervaded every industry, extending from food and beverage to hair care and beauty. Now it seems that toothpaste has become the latest area to be affected by this gourmet craze.
Hoping to encourage people to brush their teeth, London-based dentists Susan Tanner and Andrew Dawood have introduced toothpaste in favorite food flavors. Dawood and Tanner’s tooth cleansers contain essential oils – as opposed to the synthetic flavors found in many toothpastes – and are available in English peppermint, Sicilian lemon, Brazilian lime and garden mint.
Moscow dental company Splat takes a similar approach and uses natural ingredients such as chili and Russian berries in hopes that caring for one’s teeth will become more enticing. In the end, “toothpaste with taste” is proof that pervasive trends can continue to grow if applied to new fields.
A version of this post originally appeared in TONES, Pantone’s free online newsletter dedicated to color and style. To view the newsletter or subscribe, click here.
- 03/16 Modern Tools for the Modern Designer: Pantone Launches New Artist Covers
- 01/12 Theo Chocolate Creates Limited Edition Bar to Commemorate the Pantone Color of the Year 2015 Marsala
- 05/11 23 Years of Color, Love and Pantone: A Mother’s Day Tribute
- 03/24 Artist Edition Covers Now on PANTONE PLUS Products
- 03/18 Updating a classic: Pantone Reboots PLUS SERIES
- 02/23 D-One Apparel Brings Inspirational Clothing to the Hip Hop Generation
- 12/17 PANTONE UNIVERSE Colorwear Debuts Color of the Year 2015 Marsala Collection at Art Basel Miami
- 11/05 Pantone’s Fashion Color Report Fall 2014 Bears Fruit at Retail
- 09/24 Bringing Fashion to the People: Le Suite Boutique
- 09/18 Nuprimary: New York City Textile Studio Wins Pantone’s Make it Brilliant℠ Instagram Contest
- 10/07 The Pantone Color Institute Helps ‘HeForShe’ Select PANTONE 18-1945 Bright Rose as the Perfect Color for Their New Campaign
- 04/29 BK’s Finest
- 01/22 Triumph: 20 Years of The Wu-Tang Clan
- 11/15 Daytripping with Jason Woodside
- 10/11 “Soiled” – Punk Rock, Archaeology, and the Munsell Soil Color Book