The latest offering from Bare Conductive is electrically conductive paint. The water-based coating allows printed graphics to become circuits that carry signals or low-voltage current in multimedia design applications.
I learned about Bare at the NYC Maker Faire in September 2011 where they demoed the paint’s applications in multimedia art and textile applications. Founded by a group of four Masters students at Royal College of Art, Bare’s paints enable anyone to can be used to experiment with electrical conductivity on any two-dimensional substrate.
When combined with other simple electronic components users can make simple electronic circuits or more sophisticated applications like a capacitance sensor that can detect proximity of another person or object.
Paint is sold in 50ml jars and is currently only available in black. It is non-toxic and removed with soap and water. By the time you read this a conductive cosmetic paint will be available allowing this same conductivity to be applied to human skin.
Read More about Bare Conductive.
HALLOWEEN TREAT: Make Glowing Paper Pumpkins using Bare Paint! Click HERE.
- 03/16 Modern Tools for the Modern Designer: Pantone Launches New Artist Covers
- 01/12 Theo Chocolate Creates Limited Edition Bar to Commemorate the Pantone Color of the Year 2015 Marsala
- 05/11 23 Years of Color, Love and Pantone: A Mother’s Day Tribute
- 03/24 Artist Edition Covers Now on PANTONE PLUS Products
- 03/18 Updating a classic: Pantone Reboots PLUS SERIES
- 02/23 D-One Apparel Brings Inspirational Clothing to the Hip Hop Generation
- 12/17 PANTONE UNIVERSE Colorwear Debuts Color of the Year 2015 Marsala Collection at Art Basel Miami
- 11/05 Pantone’s Fashion Color Report Fall 2014 Bears Fruit at Retail
- 09/24 Bringing Fashion to the People: Le Suite Boutique
- 09/18 Nuprimary: New York City Textile Studio Wins Pantone’s Make it Brilliant℠ Instagram Contest
- 10/07 The Pantone Color Institute Helps ‘HeForShe’ Select PANTONE 18-1945 Bright Rose as the Perfect Color for Their New Campaign
- 04/29 BK’s Finest
- 01/22 Triumph: 20 Years of The Wu-Tang Clan
- 11/15 Daytripping with Jason Woodside
- 10/11 “Soiled” – Punk Rock, Archaeology, and the Munsell Soil Color Book