With just a few days until the release of Coldplay’s latest album, Mylo Xyloto (10.24), the band has added a fun feature to their site allowing users to create custom album artwork in their initials to share via email, Facebook, etc.
It seems that everything about this latest release is infused with color. The haute hues are splashed, splattered and graffitied. This focus on color was very evident in the video for the first preview single, Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall and Paradise. The art direction in these EP releases is amazing and the colors create a story by themselves.
If these 2 singles are any indication of what the album has in store for us we will all be enjoying some awesome new tunes next week!
While I was on the site I stumbled into the Exhibition Room, an art share space. A digital art gallery, as they call it. Full of amazing creations from Coldplay fans! Everything from photography and illustrations to videos and more.
Coldplay just keeps getting better – or at least more colorful. With this new full-spectrum approach, they certainly have come a long way from Yellow.
- 11/05 Pantone’s Fashion Color Report Fall 2014 Bears Fruit at Retail
- 09/24 Bringing Fashion to the People: Le Suite Boutique
- 09/18 Nuprimary: New York City Textile Studio Wins Pantone’s Make it Brilliant℠ Instagram Contest
- 08/25 Fashion Illustrator Marina Gomes Speaks about Winning Pantone’s Make it Brilliant℠ Instagram Contest
- 07/16 Barbour and Pantone Collaborate to Bring Color to the Countryside
- 10/07 The Pantone Color Institute Helps ‘HeForShe’ Select PANTONE 18-1945 Bright Rose as the Perfect Color for Their New Campaign
- 04/29 BK’s Finest
- 01/22 Triumph: 20 Years of The Wu-Tang Clan
- 11/15 Daytripping with Jason Woodside
- 10/11 “Soiled” – Punk Rock, Archaeology, and the Munsell Soil Color Book